Monday, 2 March 2009

New herb bed

Well, we went back out Saturday afternoon and did some more work on the garden. We mulched the garlic and tidied up a little.

The herbs in the greenhouse were looking a little sorry for theirselves so we were looking for a better spot for them. We managed to take over a raised bed on the patio which will be very convenient for picking the herbs for culinary purposes ;)

Mulching the garlic bed :) we used shredded cardboard from boxes, damped it down a little with water to keep it in place and then replaced the chicken wire. Once it's started to compost down a little then we'll remove the chicken wire.


The original bed, mostly spider plants and rocks.


Fetching the wheelbarrow ;)
Photobucket Photobucket

Digging up the bed


Weird tripod rooty thing


Wormy soil :)


Wheelbarrow full of plants and an empty bed :)


Abi helping to move the rocks away. We'll keep these for holding fleece etc down :)


Tada, finished bed ready for this years herbs. Currently has some coriander, chives, parsley, mint and thyme in there. Also we kept a random plant from the rockery, as it climbs the trellis and has beautiful white flowers on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment